Continuing Healthcare Appeals Service
NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU (MLCSU) can support your integrated care system (ICS) to provide individuals with the very best care.
Our Personalised Healthcare Commissioning team consists of clinical and administrative staff with over ten years’ experience in dealing with continuing healthcare appeals. We have established an excellent working relationship with NHS England and the Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, with excellent feedback on our local review processes, presentation of evidence files and our representation at panels.
Our team has:
- Registered nurses qualified in adult mental health and general nursing
- Social workers
- Access to specialist children’s and learning disability nurses
- Highly skilled administrators and business teams
- Significant experience in planning and managing the transfer of services from providers
- A track record in successfully integrating and merging processes.
We manage appeal requests and provide a suite of bespoke reports which highlight financial risks and processing reimbursement payments where required.
We can deliver this service as part of a commissioned end-to-end All Age Continuing Care service, or we can support you on a bespoke basis to meet the needs of the ICS which can also be funded on a case-by-case basis if required.
- Triage services including receipt, written consent, triage application, information gathering collation of relevant records and clinical review
- Support at the Local Resolution Meeting with applicant including Final Decision Support Tool (DST), recommendation and eligibility decision which will be finalised with the ICS
- Restitution payment, including calculating and processing a payment and Independent Review
- Administration to record and process Independent Review requests
- Reviews of Independent Review requests
- Preparation and submission of the case file in line with NHS England requirements
- An experienced clinician to prepare and represent the case
- Completion of any post Independent Review correspondence and action plans
- Calculation of the value of a restitution payment to an individual.
We listen to and work in a collaborative way with customers and system partners to provide
subject matter expertise in the delivery of quality and excellence in your service whilst always ensuring that the individual and their representatives are the focus of our work, with the aim of delivering a
timely outcome of their review.
For more information about our Continuing Healthcare Appeals Service, please click here.
For more information on all our services, see the Personalised Healthcare Commissioning Service Offers
To talk to us about any part of your funded healthcare provision, please contact us.
How we can help health systems
Developing health systems
Acting as an independent and trusted partner within the system to facilitate working across stakeholders and integrate elements of the provider system…Learn more about Developing health systems
Workforce resilience and transformation
Supporting systems to build a sustainable and integrated workforce, transforming systems, organisations and the workforce experience to improve resilience.Learn more about Workforce resilience and transformation
Communications and engagement
Supporting ICSs with approaches to design and deliver effective communication, engagement and behavioural insights as a key enabler for system change and…Learn more about Communications and engagement
Digitally enabled transformation and IT
Digitising care and partnering with systems for the transformation of digitally enabled service delivery (and other supporting processes) across vision, planning and…Learn more about Digitally enabled transformation and IT
PHM analytics and decision support
Applying intelligence-led understanding of the health of the population to support the redesign of care and improve patient and financial outcomes across…Learn more about PHM analytics and decision support
Place and primary care transformation
Supporting providers to work together at a place and neighbourhood level to manage common resources, integrate community teams, improve health and reduce…Learn more about Place and primary care transformation
Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Redesigning how health and care works across England - placing people at the centre of their own health and care and utilising…Learn more about Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Providing end-to-end funded care services, including patients as active partners in identifying their healthcare needs and then commissioning care to meet these.…Learn more about Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Business enabling services
Delivering a wide range of support functions through transactional services, business partnering and transformation that drives efficiencies and releases value and time…Learn more about Business enabling services