Procurement can be complex when commissioning healthcare services. NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU’s procurement team can help you navigate through this maze so that you can select a high quality supplier at a reasonable cost that will improve outcomes for patients, and at the same time, minimise the risk of complaints or legal challenge.
Our non-clinical procurement team has extensive experience in carrying out goods and services procurement for our customers.
We deliver a comprehensive procurement service that ensures best value for money and compliance when buying goods and non-healthcare services.
We have a team of senior procurement managers and officers, who have years of experience and are all either members of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or are training to be fully qualified.
Our staff can be an integral part of your commissioning project team and have a proactive approach to delivering the key objectives of the project.
What we do
- Professional advice to our customers on the best procurement routes to take to ensure compliance with procurement regulations and customer Standing Financial Instructions (SFIs)
- Advice on supply chain markets
- Raising and issue of electronic purchase orders to suppliers
- Resolution of complex purchase to pay issues
- Policing of customer SFIs in relation to procurement issues
- Carry out procurement exercises on behalf of our customers – tendering or mini-competitions against framework contracts
- Dedicated nominated contact points – email and telephone
- Professional help in relation accessing frameworks
- Strategic spend analysis and category management
- Contract management advice and software
- Full reporting service – including agreed key performance indicators
- Collaboration opportunities to ensure value for money
- Proven savings reporting systems in line with NHS England reporting arrangements
- Monitoring and provision of procurement reports for audit committees
- Quotation service
- Catalogue loading and management
- Oracle systems expertise
- Implementation and experience of delivery of ePay
- Specialist support for supply chain issues.
News and views
Robert Beardall, Inclusion Unit Project Manager, MLCSU As a professional navigating the financial landscape of the NHS and…
We are excited to announce a partnership between NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU’s Personalised Healthcare Commissioning Team and…
Nicola Ainscough, Head of System Delivery, MLCSU The recent communication from NHSE, referencing the letter titled ‘Addressing the…
How we can help health systems
Developing health systems
Acting as an independent and trusted partner within the system to facilitate working across stakeholders and integrate elements of the provider system…Learn more about Developing health systems
Workforce resilience and transformation
Supporting systems to build a sustainable and integrated workforce, transforming systems, organisations and the workforce experience to improve resilience.Learn more about Workforce resilience and transformation
Communications and engagement
Supporting ICSs with approaches to design and deliver effective communication, engagement and behavioural insights as a key enabler for system change and…Learn more about Communications and engagement
Digitally enabled transformation and IT
Digitising care and partnering with systems for the transformation of digitally enabled service delivery (and other supporting processes) across vision, planning and…Learn more about Digitally enabled transformation and IT
PHM analytics and decision support
Applying intelligence-led understanding of the health of the population to support the redesign of care and improve patient and financial outcomes across…Learn more about PHM analytics and decision support
Place and primary care transformation
Supporting providers to work together at a place and neighbourhood level to manage common resources, integrate community teams, improve health and reduce…Learn more about Place and primary care transformation
Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Redesigning how health and care works across England - placing people at the centre of their own health and care and utilising…Learn more about Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Providing end-to-end funded care services, including patients as active partners in identifying their healthcare needs and then commissioning care to meet these.…Learn more about Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Business enabling services
Delivering a wide range of support functions through transactional services, business partnering and transformation that drives efficiencies and releases value and time…Learn more about Business enabling services