News & Views
- MLCSU-supported finance team win award
- MLCSU director named HSJ100 wildcard for 2022
- Our experts at NHS ConfedExpo: Schedule announced
- MLCSU nominated for three NHS Health and Care Apprenticeship Awards
- We’re exhibiting at NHS ConfedExpo, 15-16 June
- Innovative NHS resource-booking system signs up 20th customer
- Blog: How can digital advances help a greener NHS?
- Blog: Why digital advances are so important to new hospitals
- 2021, our journey alongside ICS partners
- Blog: Treating people on waiting lists: who decides what is fair?
- Kicking off a study on menopause and the NHS workforce
- MLCSU Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
- CQRS Local will reduce admin time for commissioners and primary care providers
- Blog: Decision makers can make much better use of analysis
- PCNs critical in population health management
We understand, as health and care decision-makers, you want to make a difference – for both patients and services to develop an all-round healthier community. NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) will help you achieve your goals and deliver the healthcare support you’re looking for.
Our size and scale enable us to provide the bold innovation, ideas, service resilience and the confidence to face your challenges and opportunities with you (updated April 2022):
See our annual report 2021/22.
Our teams of experts are ready to support you. Everything we do is designed to give you the professional backing you’re looking for – whenever and wherever you need it. We understand and share your aims, and we know our business inside and out.
Our clients, including integrated care systems (ICSs), provider collaboratives, primary care providers, hospital trusts, local authorities, and other public bodies trust us to work with them to make important things happen.
We are an organisation with a unique geographical reach and experience in serving diverse urban and rural populations, and facing a range of commissioning challenges. Nine of England’s ICSs already benefit from our expertise:
- Birmingham & Solihull
- Black Country
- Cheshire and Merseyside
- Hereford & Worcestershire
- Lancashire and South Cumbria
- Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
- Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin
- Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
Whether it’s really strong commissioning or business support, such as payroll and contract management… or strategic data analysis, thinking and shaping, for example in service change – we’re ready to help you meet today’s NHS and social care challenges.
Plus… our decades of collective senior NHS experience lends support to the most challenging or ambitious of system integration plans.
We provide end-to-end support to health systems. Nine health systems, covering one-quarter of England’s population with a total healthcare spend of £14.9billion, and diverse clients from the public sector and government already benefit from our expertise. We employ 1,900+ staff, many of them leaders in their field. Read more about our journey to date.
Created from and for the NHS, our values underpin everything we do:
- Honesty, integrity and transparency
- Everyone counts
- Pride in quality
- Adding value
- Working together
To see the difference Midlands and Lancashire CSU can deliver your organisation, get in touch with our team today.