News & Views
- Staffordshire GP practices sign up for our app to help fill their locum gap
- MLCSU Finance win regional NHS award
- Insight to action: lessons from think tanks
- Setting an example of promoting health and wellbeing in the NHS
- How population health analytics can influence change
- Embedding inclusive decision making across Leicestershire
- Insight Festival: join a session at shared learning festival, 4-15 October
- New signups to UBook, our tailor-made NHS room booking system
- Recently launched weight management services benefit from MLCSU technology
- New flexible resourcing service: TalentOne
- Data-driven approach to population health management
- National award nomination for Staffordshire Continuing Healthcare team
- MLCSU Finance team awarded accreditation by NHS Finance Leadership Council
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
We understand, as health and care decision-makers, you want to make a difference – for both patients and services to develop an all-round healthier community. NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) will help you achieve your goals and deliver the healthcare support you’re looking for.
Our size and scale enable us to provide the bold innovation, ideas, service resilience and the confidence to face your challenges and opportunities with you (updated February 2021):
See our annual report 2020/21.
Our teams of experts are ready to support you. Everything we do is designed to give you the professional backing you’re looking for – whenever and wherever you need it. We understand and share your aims, and we know our business inside and out.
Our clients, including clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), hospital trusts, local authorities, integrated care systems (ICSs) and other public bodies trust us to work with them to make important things happen.
We are an organisation with a unique geographical reach and experience in serving diverse urban and rural populations, and facing a range of commissioning challenges. Ten of England’s sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) already benefit from our expertise:
- Birmingham & Solihull STP
- Black Country STP
- Cheshire and Merseyside STP
- Derbyshire STP
- Greater Nottingham STP
- Hereford & Worcestershire STP
- Lancashire and South Cumbria STP
- Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland STP
- Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin STP
- Staffordshire STP
Whether it’s really strong commissioning or business support, such as payroll and contract management… or strategic data analysis, thinking and shaping, for example in service change – we’re ready to help you meet today’s NHS and social care challenges.
Plus… our decades of collective senior NHS experience lends support to the most challenging or ambitious of system integration plans.
We provide end-to-end support to health systems. Fifty clinical commissioning groups, covering one-quarter of England’s population with a total healthcare spend of £14.9billion, ten health systems and diverse clients from the public sector and government already benefit from our expertise. We employ 1,750+ staff, many of them leaders in their field. Read more about our journey to date.
Created from and for the NHS, our values underpin everything we do:
- Honesty, integrity and transparency
- Everyone counts
- Pride in quality
- Adding value
- Working together
To see the difference Midlands and Lancashire CSU can deliver your organisation, get in touch with our team today.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park