News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
We understand, as health and care decision-makers, you want to make a difference – for both patients and services to develop an all-round healthier community. NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) will help you achieve your goals and deliver the healthcare support you’re looking for.
Our size and scale enable us to provide the bold innovation, ideas, service resilience and the confidence to face your challenges and opportunities with you (updated February 2021):
See our annual report 2020/21.
Our teams of experts are ready to support you. Everything we do is designed to give you the professional backing you’re looking for – whenever and wherever you need it. We understand and share your aims, and we know our business inside and out.
Our clients, including clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), hospital trusts, local authorities, integrated care systems (ICSs) and other public bodies trust us to work with them to make important things happen.
We are an organisation with a unique geographical reach and experience in serving diverse urban and rural populations, and facing a range of commissioning challenges. Ten of England’s sustainability and transformation partnerships (STPs) already benefit from our expertise:
- Birmingham & Solihull STP
- Black Country STP
- Cheshire and Merseyside STP
- Derbyshire STP
- Greater Nottingham STP
- Hereford & Worcestershire STP
- Lancashire and South Cumbria STP
- Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland STP
- Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin STP
- Staffordshire STP
Whether it’s really strong commissioning or business support, such as payroll and contract management… or strategic data analysis, thinking and shaping, for example in service change – we’re ready to help you meet today’s NHS and social care challenges.
Plus… our decades of collective senior NHS experience lends support to the most challenging or ambitious of system integration plans.
We provide end-to-end support to health systems. Fifty clinical commissioning groups, covering one-quarter of England’s population with a total healthcare spend of £14.9billion, ten health systems and diverse clients from the public sector and government already benefit from our expertise. We employ 1,750+ staff, many of them leaders in their field. Read more about our journey to date.
Created from and for the NHS, our values underpin everything we do:
- Honesty, integrity and transparency
- Everyone counts
- Pride in quality
- Adding value
- Working together
To see the difference Midlands and Lancashire CSU can deliver your organisation, get in touch with our team today.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park