News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
Communication difficulties present healthcare professionals with barriers to the delivery of safe, high quality care. NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU’s Bespoke Interpreting, Language and Communication Services (BILCS) team provides interpreting and translation services for a range of NHS organisations and local authorities.
Support offered by BILCS includes an out-of-hours telephone interpreting service, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
The team already works extensively across the West Midlands – making a positive difference to patients’ lives – and is capable of supporting clients in other areas.
BILCS has developed and implemented an online portal to provide a secure interpreter booking system for hundreds of GP practices across Birmingham and Solihull, together with hospitals and numerous community and mental health trust sites.
The BILCS Online Portal enables the team to source a qualified interpreter in the shortest possible time. It helps clients to improve their efficiency by avoiding duplication and reducing the number of patients failing to attend an appointment.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park