News & Views
- We’re exhibiting at NHS ConfedExpo, 15-16 June
- Innovative NHS resource-booking system signs up 20th customer
- Blog: How can digital advances help a greener NHS?
- Blog: Why digital advances are so important to new hospitals
- 2021, our journey alongside ICS partners
- Blog: Treating people on waiting lists: who decides what is fair?
- Kicking off a study on menopause and the NHS workforce
- MLCSU Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
- CQRS Local will reduce admin time for commissioners and primary care providers
- Blog: Decision makers can make much better use of analysis
- PCNs critical in population health management
- Our innovative use of automation is helping to cut hospital waiting lists
- Medical supplies programme wins civil service award for collaboration
- Pandemic effect on a socially deprived UK town
- Population health management: the critical role of primary care networks
Improving health and wellbeing for NHS workers
We developed resources and videos and provided expert advice and evaluation to help NHS England and Improvement gather, develop and outline a wide range of wellbeing support options available to NHS employees.
NHS England and Improvement (NHSEI) aims to create cultures of wellbeing across the NHS, where colleagues feel looked after and cared for.
NHSEI is committed to developing a comprehensive package of emotional, psychological and practical health and wellbeing (HWB) support for NHS staff. Following a request for NHS organisations to support and contribute to its HWB agenda, the Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU) offered its services.
MLCSU teams supported NHSEI with a number of different workstreams on the HWB project:
- Scoping, planning producing and editing resources for the NHS People website
- Evaluation advice and support, including producing an evaluation report
- Creation of promotional materials for wide dissemination
- Project management support.
We developed resources and videos to explain the role of the Wellbeing Guardian liaising with NHSEI leads and subject experts. Our Wellbeing Guardian videos are currently being used on the NHS People website to offer further information for anyone interested in taking up the role and support for those already in post.
We developed leadership resources around stress and burnout for the Executive Suite of the NHS People website, carrying out evidence research and liaising with NHSEI to ensure that a writing style was used which matched the rest of their website content.
We provided expert advice to help the national programme team to develop an evaluation framework for the Enhanced Occupational Health & Wellbeing programme. This included developing a logic model and theory of change with the national team and local evaluation leads. Local projects were developing their own evaluations and we provided advice to some of them to develop their plans. We also wrote an interim evaluation report for the Enhanced Occupational Health & Wellbeing programme.
We produced a comprehensive and accessible brochure outlining the wide range of wellbeing support options available to NHS employees from both inside the health service and from external sources.
“Amazing, and thank you so much again for your support.
“The team have seamlessly integrated into an extension of our team, and we couldn’t have hoped for better! Thank you.”
Adam J Turner | Improving Health and Wellbeing Lead, NHSEI