News & Views
- National award nomination for Staffordshire Continuing Healthcare team
- MLCSU Finance team awarded accreditation by NHS Finance Leadership Council
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
Building a low-cost high-value website for GP surgeries
Using our website design tool, PrimaryWeb, and our tailored support, a GP partnership developed a purpose-built website to bring the services, guidance and stories of four practices all in one digital place.
Knutsford Medical Partnership is an integrated network across the GP surgeries within Knutsford. Based across four sites, the partnership has around 100 members of staff looking after approximately 22,500 patients. A central digital platform was needed to bring each of the practices into one uniformed, recognisable area – so patients could easily find the relevant information they urgently needed. The partnership aspired to have a website that would showcase the services the practices can offer, be a place for essential guidance and support and be a platform for them to show the work that they’re doing with each area.
PrimaryWeb, our website design and maintenance tool for customers, allowed Knutsford Medical Partnership to build a new website at a fraction of the usual cost. We worked closely with Knutsford adopting a bespoke approach to:
- Identify and prioritise crucial objectives and actions for the project
- Understand vital functions of the website, and what users will do and see once they reach the website
- Review current website to ensure new platform is future-proof
- Explain the modular approach of PrimaryWeb to understand what core functionality was required in the initial build of the website (e.g. document library, maps etc)
- Provide guidance around content and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Support with site mapping and transferring of copy
- Support with adjustments to the design template chosen by Knutsford, so the website is more tailored to them and their requirements.
Increase in website traffic – In the first month, the website received 24,880 page visits, over 68,000 hits and an increase in unique visitors.
Quick turnaround – We worked with Knutsford to create a production schedule aligned to their individual needs, providing a beta version within 48 hours. We later launched the website with minimal disruption. We also supported with redirects of their old domains, so that users could find the new website with ease.
Flexible templates – We recognised the need to make their website identifiable, so we made suitable adjustments to the design template.
Simple to use – The website is completely user-friendly. Once signed-up, it is intuitive to update and manage – regardless of the user’s digital capability.
Easy to scale-up and further develop – The website has been purposefully designed to enable further developments with ease.
Responsive in design – The website is fully responsive to any device so that patients and staff can access information clearly and easily via different devices – be it mobile or desktop.
“We recently moved over from another website provider to PrimaryWeb…Since the website has been up and running, we have had to make many changes as it’s a work in progress. The PimaryWeb team, especially Jas, have been extremely helpful. Any type of query we’ve had has been dealt with quickly and efficiently by Jas. We can’t thank the team enough for getting our website up and running and for the continued help and support whilst the website is live.”
Sophie Hulme, Knutsford Medical Partnership
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park