We facilitated the design of and implemented a bespoke online tool to make it easier for staff to report bullying, harassment and discrimination
‘Your Voice: Report and Support’ is an online reporting tool that will allow staff working across the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care System (ICS) to report incidents of bullying, harassment and discrimination. The first online reporting tool of its kind hosted by an NHS organisation, Your Voice is available for staff (including bank staff), volunteers, apprentices and students on placement. it is hoped that the platform is extended to social care staff in phase two of the implementation.
With Your Voice staff can:
- Report an incident about themselves or someone else including other colleagues, patients, and visitors
- Make a report anonymously or by sharing contact information
- Report discrimination, harassment, vicitimisation and bullying including abusive behaviours
- Access support information, contacts and advice.
The tool provides an integrated information management system and allows organisations to monitor the numbers of incidents and analyse themes and actions whilst adhering to information governance policies and procedures. Stakeholders can also use the system to manage cases online and keep all information in one place.
Our Equality and Inclusion team managed the development and implementation of Your Voice in Spring 2021, including:
- Research of existing reporting systems within and outside of the NHS
- Liaising with online technology developers Culture Shift, using their higher education system model to design a suitable tool and developing content such as reporting questions, guidance and support articles
- Stakeholder engagement on the platform design and content with ICS partners and staff networks
- Progress updates as part of the ICS’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion taskforce
- Communication and engagement to raise staff awareness of Your Voice
- Data Protection Impact Assessment to ensure the tool is complaint regulations.
We worked effectively with system developers to design a bespoke tool for NHS staff.
Your Voice will provide healthcare staff with a safe and confidential space to disclose incidents – anonymously or by sharing contact information so they can receive further help. Either way, additional support includes articles focusing on bullying, harassment and discrimination.
Our team ensured that the system is accessible and that all reporting questions are inclusive.
We also reviewed other reporting mechanisms across the system and, working closely with Freedom to Speak Up Guardians, produced guidance for staff to the most appropriate reporting route.
Your Voice includes a data and analytics dashboard which allows ICS leaders to identify and analyse trends, and put measures in place to prevent bullying, harassment and discrimination and improve the wellbeing and experiences of staff.