We are helping hospital trusts identify the potential to recover energy costs from telecom devices mounted on the roofs of their buildings.
NHS hospital buildings in England often house mobile telecom operators devices on their roofs. The issue identified is that NHS trusts often do not recover the costs of electricity and power consumption in relation to rooftop communications installations.
The potential rebates can be in the thousands depending on individual trust circumstances. Claims of up to 12 years back can be submitted.
The purpose of this project was to deliver savings for NHS trusts in support of their cost improvement programmes.
- Desk top analysis to confirm the status of the electricity usage by each individual telecommunications tenant.
- Site audit to confirm the supply arrangements and take measurements to determine the usage.
- Determine the lease arrangement relating to electricity recovery of each individual tenant.
- Liaise with the tenants and their agents to confirm the status of their supply and their liability to the NHS.
- Calculate historic recovery sums for either 12 years (for contracts under deed) or 6 years (for standard agreements or to the date last invoiced).
- Determine if any use of the NHS’s electricity and power supply can be recovered.
- Invoice each individual tenant and recover the costs owed.
- Provide a report for each client with recommendations for recovery going forward
The George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust was able to recoup circa £170k from electricity costs.
Review of other trusts’ cost is currently ongoing, and we expect we could deliver similar savings for potential clients.
“Thanks to NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU (MLCSU) for engaging George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust in the potential recovery of energy costs generated by mobile masts. We successfully backdated 10 years’ energy costs, which have contributed towards cost improvement programmes at the Trust.
“The whole process from start to finish was made easy with clear engagement from MLCSU to ensure the project was successful. We fully recommend the service you provided in energy cost recovery from mobile masts. Thank you!”
Sean Grant | Waste and Sustainability Manager, George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust