A committee for improving use of medicines across Merseyside
The Pan Mersey APC is a professional group consisting of GPs, pharmacists and other key healthcare professionals. It seeks to identify and champion the best use of medicines taking into account cost effectiveness, quality, equity and above all, patient safety.
The Committee is responsible for making recommendations of medicines, especially high cost medicines, across the Merseyside and Warrington footprint.
Impacts over the past year include, amongst others:
- 28 NHS organisations are APC members
- A website created to offer national and regional information on COVID-specific medicines issues
- 22 new medicines reviews and policy statements
- 1 guideline and 5 formulary updates produced by safety subgroup
- 11 National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) technology appraisal reviews.
We have been working in collaboration with the APC providing medicines commissioning support.
To learn about how our Medicines Management and Optimisation team can support your APC, visit our new site at https://medsopt.midlandsandlancashirecsu.nhs.uk/.