Exploring the future of patient care at the Patient Flow Conference 2023
We’re pleased to announce that Kelly Bishop, Assistant Director of Nursing and Urgent Care at NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit (MLCSU), will chair the Patient Flow Conference South 2023. This event is scheduled for 7 November 2023 at 15 Hatfields, London.
Key subjects at the conference will cover:
- Increased focus on patient experience. The NHS is placing an increasing emphasis on improving the patient experience, including making it easier for patients to access care, reducing waiting times, and improving the quality of care.
- Use of technology. The NHS is using technology to improve patient flow and reduce bottlenecks. This includes the use of electronic medical records, appointment scheduling systems, and telemedicine.
- Integration of care. The NHS is working to better coordinate care across different settings and providers, with the goal of improving patient flow and reducing the need for hospitalisation.
- Population health management. The NHS is focusing on preventative care and population health management, with the goal of improving the health of the population and reducing demand on the healthcare system.
- Collaboration and partnerships. The NHS is forming collaborations and partnerships with other organisations, including community-based organisations and private providers, in order to improve patient flow and better meet the needs of patients.
Justine Howe, Head of Urgent Care at NHS MLCSU will be delivering the plenary.
– Date and location: 7 November 2023, 15 Hatfields, Chadwick Court, London SE1 8DJ
– Venue: Sustain ground floor
– Event timing: 8am – 4pm
News and views
Robert Beardall, Inclusion Unit Project Manager, MLCSU As a professional navigating the financial landscape of the NHS and…
We are excited to announce a partnership between NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU’s Personalised Healthcare Commissioning Team and…
Nicola Ainscough, Head of System Delivery, MLCSU The recent communication from NHS England, referencing the letter titled ‘Addressing…
How we can help health systems
Developing health systems
Acting as an independent and trusted partner within the system to facilitate working across stakeholders and integrate elements of the provider system…Learn more about Developing health systems
Workforce resilience and transformation
Supporting systems to build a sustainable and integrated workforce, transforming systems, organisations and the workforce experience to improve resilience.Learn more about Workforce resilience and transformation
Communications and engagement
Supporting ICSs with approaches to design and deliver effective communication, engagement and behavioural insights as a key enabler for system change and…Learn more about Communications and engagement
Digitally enabled transformation and IT
Digitising care and partnering with systems for the transformation of digitally enabled service delivery (and other supporting processes) across vision, planning and…Learn more about Digitally enabled transformation and IT
PHM analytics and decision support
Applying intelligence-led understanding of the health of the population to support the redesign of care and improve patient and financial outcomes across…Learn more about PHM analytics and decision support
Place and primary care transformation
Supporting providers to work together at a place and neighbourhood level to manage common resources, integrate community teams, improve health and reduce…Learn more about Place and primary care transformation
Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Redesigning how health and care works across England - placing people at the centre of their own health and care and utilising…Learn more about Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Providing end-to-end funded care services, including patients as active partners in identifying their healthcare needs and then commissioning care to meet these.…Learn more about Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Business enabling services
Delivering a wide range of support functions through transactional services, business partnering and transformation that drives efficiencies and releases value and time…Learn more about Business enabling services