News & Views
- MLCSU-supported finance team win award
- MLCSU director named HSJ100 wildcard for 2022
- Our experts at NHS ConfedExpo: Schedule announced
- MLCSU nominated for three NHS Health and Care Apprenticeship Awards
- We’re exhibiting at NHS ConfedExpo, 15-16 June
- Innovative NHS resource-booking system signs up 20th customer
- Blog: How can digital advances help a greener NHS?
- Blog: Why digital advances are so important to new hospitals
- 2021, our journey alongside ICS partners
- Blog: Treating people on waiting lists: who decides what is fair?
- Kicking off a study on menopause and the NHS workforce
- MLCSU Gender Pay Gap Report 2021
- CQRS Local will reduce admin time for commissioners and primary care providers
- Blog: Decision makers can make much better use of analysis
- PCNs critical in population health management
Health and Wellbeing
The health and wellbeing of our staff is a top priority for MLCSU and we regularly provide information, advice and events to support both physical health and mental wellbeing.
Some of the ways we support are:
- Nugget – our staff intranet site has a dedicated health and wellbeing section where you can find a range of information on employee benefits, physical, mental health and wellbeing support
- Menopause awareness – we actively encourage our employees to talk openly about the menopause and its effects on women’s work lives
- Wellbeing networks – through encouragement and support, our staff have set up a wide variety of hobby clubs, from gardening, to walking, running, crochet and book reading all connected through our MS Teams MLCSU Community channels
- Health and wellbeing newsletter – including the key health awareness days and initiatives for the next two months
- RED December, Couch to 5K, Tough Mudder – we actively encourage our staff to take part in health and fitness challenges: a bit of competitive spirit never hurts
- Equality and inclusion – each month, we promote key international religious holidays and human rights awareness days and initiatives
- Flu vaccinations – information and access to a free vaccine annually
- Regular health and wellbeing advice in our staff newsletter and staff Twitter feed
Our staff is our most treasured asset and we recognise that a motivated workforce is the only way we can achieve our full potential and reach our goals.
We celebrate positive feedback and customer praise every time we can, to ensure that our staff feel valued, we put a lot of effort and resource into our recognition schemes.
Fundraising and charity work
At MLCSU, we openly encourage our employees to undertake charity work and fundraising activities. With dedicated space in our internal communications, staff can share their initiatives and encourage fellow employees to donate or raise awareness. We also allow additional leave for those who wish to do volunteering.
Some of the charitable organisations who have benefited from our staff’s dedication and generosity include: