News & Views
- National award nomination for Staffordshire Continuing Healthcare team
- MLCSU Finance team awarded accreditation by NHS Finance Leadership Council
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
We have experience of working across the whole health and care system and bringing multiple partners together to achieve a shared vision. Our customers are kept well informed of future developments in policy, practice and evidence that may affect their plans.
We use our position as a system leader to maintain strategic and operational relationships, so we are best placed to meet their needs. We respond to our customers with an ongoing loop of intelligence discovery and sharing, based on:
- Our ‘bottom-up’ understanding of how services are being delivered from our close, day-to-day work with CCGs, providers and system leaders and users on the ground. We then share our learning nationally. For example, we chair a CSU industry group and enjoy strong professional relationships with NHS England, universities and the National Institute for Health Research
- Our ‘top-down’ understanding of the national and regional contexts in which we work and the latest developments in health and care. We use this knowledge to ensure that national policy shapes the objectives and outcomes of our service improvement work.
We maintain close and effective relationships with arm’s length bodies (ALBs) and adopt the principles of the code of good practice between departments and ALBs to achieve appropriate levels of engagement.
As a proactive member of several collaborative forums, we promote innovative and pioneering ideas in patient care. Together with the experts in our e-innovation unit and Strategy Unit, we act as an authoritative voice on how to identify, invest in, develop and implement new ideas.
We continually research the latest developments in legislation and regulatory and statutory requirements. We provide routine customer briefings and compile a compendium of policy news.
We carefully follow an independent service auditor process that identifies and implements rigorous control objectives for our business processes. NHSE recognises our achievements and we now peer review other CSUs.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park