News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
When you’re making commissioning decisions or considering service change, there are a few things you’ll want to think about – protecting your organisation’s reputation, communicating clearly with your staff and other stakeholders, and taking the views of clinicians and patients into account.
NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU provides strategic, professional support to manage your risks and reputation. We can help you to troubleshoot immediate needs and plan strategically for long-term communications.
Our flexible approach enables you to pick and choose your communications support on a project or retained basis.
From crisis management or web development to marketing campaigns or bespoke engagement projects, our experts will work with you to improve your communication with key stakeholders, partners, clients and patients.
We’re flexible, responsive, and creative. NHS organisations across England trust us to work with them to make important things happen.
Our award-winning communications and engagement team is made up of highly skilled, industry-leading professionals with commercial and NHS experience.
We can help you to develop your communications and engagement strategy, using our market research and insight, and taking your local situation as well as national guidance into account.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park