News & Views
- New signups to UBook, our tailor-made NHS room booking system
- Recently launched weight management services benefit from MLCSU technology
- New flexible resourcing service: TalentOne
- Data-driven approach to population health management
- National award nomination for Staffordshire Continuing Healthcare team
- MLCSU Finance team awarded accreditation by NHS Finance Leadership Council
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
The NHS pay system, known as Agenda for Change (AfC), applies to all directly employed staff except doctors, dentists and very senior managers.
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours with the opportunity to make flexible working requests
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days a year rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service and 33 days after ten years’ service, plus eight general and public holidays (all pro rata per annum)
- Incremental career progression subject to satisfactory performance and achievement of agreed objectives in accordance with Agenda for Change (AfC)
- Annual personal development reviews to support career aspirations, monthly 1:1s and the rollout of a new online appraisal system, Inspire, to facilitate regular appraisals.
The NHS Pension Scheme continues to be one of the most comprehensive and generous schemes within the UK. Every new employee automatically becomes a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government.
Health Service Discounts is one of the UK's leading providers of NHS discounts, providing discounts, offers and money saving deals to all NHS employees, their family and friends. It’s free to join and become a member.
Did you know that you can also get discounts/corporate rates at places like local gyms, Dorothy Perkins, Nandos and for mobile phone contracts?
More than ever we are seeing the increase in opportunities to provide additional services and support to meet client requirements. TalentOne, our internal staffing service, encourages interested staff to join the Associates register and develop their skills at a variety of projects different to the every-day job.
CSSC Sports & Leisure provides affordable sports and leisure experiences and health and wellbeing benefits for public sector employees. From money off days out and shopping trips to support with sporting event fees, there are a range of benefits available to staff through the CSSC scheme for a small monthly cost.
The Blue Light Card is available to anyone who works in the UK's emergency services, NHS or armed forces. With either a free online account or for a small fee an actual blue light card, there are plenty of offers and discounts available both in the high street or online.
The governments tax free childcare scheme has replaced the childcare voucher schemes previously available.
Are you in the market for a new car? Employees qualify for very competitive deals to lease cars from the wide fleet available from NHS Fleet Solutions. This operates on a salary sacrifice basis.
The MLCSU Cycle to Work Scheme has been introduced in response to staff feedback and to support staff wellbeing and benefits. The salary sacrifice scheme, which is provided by Cycle Solutions, allows you to choose any adult bike along with a wide selection of safety and security equipment up to the value of £1000.
The NHS Retirement Fellowship (NHSRF) is the social, leisure, educational and welfare organisation for current and retired NHS and social care staff and their partners.
Belonging to the NHSRF brings benefits such as maintaining friendships and making new friends, a range of discounts, interest groups and holidays.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park