Referral management services team
It’s essential that the patient’s experience of referrals, from seeing their GP or optometrist to attending their first hospital appointment, is as streamlined and straightforward as possible.
Our Referral Management Centre manages GP and ophthalmic referrals for clients including integrated care boards, their member GPs and optometrists.
The call centre employs more than 60 staff.
These include specialist call handlers and administrators with vast experience in customer service and in dealing with patients and service users, mostly gained within the NHS.
What we do
· Manage GP referrals, ensuring patients are directed to the correct service for their healthcare needs
· Offer patients a choice of providers and appointments to reach the service they need at a location and time that suits them
· Manage ophthalmic referrals from optometrists and GPs
· Validate waiting lists on behalf of hospital trusts
· Provide administration of community clinics (including clinical triage)
· Book patient transport following assessment of the individual’s eligibility
· Offer general assistance as a single point of enquiry about a referral or transport to both patients and referrers
· Train GP surgeries on e-referrals
· Maintain e-referral and the NHS 111 Directory of Services
· Support the NHS Digital Weight Management Programme for adults living with obesity who also have a diagnosis of diabetes, hypertension or both to manage their weight and improve their health. The RMC team discuss the services on offer to eligible service users if they have not opted in digitally via text or chatbot.
News and views
Robert Beardall, Inclusion Unit Project Manager, MLCSU As a professional navigating the financial landscape of the NHS and…
We are excited to announce a partnership between NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU’s Personalised Healthcare Commissioning Team and…
Nicola Ainscough, Head of System Delivery, MLCSU The recent communication from NHSE, referencing the letter titled ‘Addressing the…
How we can help health systems
Developing health systems
Acting as an independent and trusted partner within the system to facilitate working across stakeholders and integrate elements of the provider system…Learn more about Developing health systems
Workforce resilience and transformation
Supporting systems to build a sustainable and integrated workforce, transforming systems, organisations and the workforce experience to improve resilience.Learn more about Workforce resilience and transformation
Communications and engagement
Supporting ICSs with approaches to design and deliver effective communication, engagement and behavioural insights as a key enabler for system change and…Learn more about Communications and engagement
Digitally enabled transformation and IT
Digitising care and partnering with systems for the transformation of digitally enabled service delivery (and other supporting processes) across vision, planning and…Learn more about Digitally enabled transformation and IT
PHM analytics and decision support
Applying intelligence-led understanding of the health of the population to support the redesign of care and improve patient and financial outcomes across…Learn more about PHM analytics and decision support
Place and primary care transformation
Supporting providers to work together at a place and neighbourhood level to manage common resources, integrate community teams, improve health and reduce…Learn more about Place and primary care transformation
Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Redesigning how health and care works across England - placing people at the centre of their own health and care and utilising…Learn more about Clinical redesign and provider collaboration
Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Providing end-to-end funded care services, including patients as active partners in identifying their healthcare needs and then commissioning care to meet these.…Learn more about Personalised healthcare commissioning services
Business enabling services
Delivering a wide range of support functions through transactional services, business partnering and transformation that drives efficiencies and releases value and time…Learn more about Business enabling services