News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
The Transformation and Service Redesign Team support you to drive and deliver real change. We ensure that projects are well-managed, deadlines are met, and outcomes for service users improved, delivering systemic change.
Managing transformational change and leading service redesign can be complex and challenging. There are greater difficulties when working across a large geographical area and with a range of diverse communities, partners and stakeholders.
Our team has experience working across a wide variety of urban and rural footprints and populations. We can work with you to design and mobilise initiatives that will deliver efficient, high quality services which improve health outcomes for local people.
We have a track record of working collaboratively across health and social care to achieve results supporting major change programmes and working with multiple stakeholders. We do this through effective change management and a robust approach to service redesign.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park