News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
It’s essential that the patient’s experience of referrals, from seeing their GP to attending their first hospital appointment, is as streamlined and straightforward as possible.
NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU offers a dedicated call centre to manage referrals for clients including Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), their member GPs, dentists and optometrists.
Our Referral Management Centre employs more than 50 staff. These include specialist call handlers and administrators with vast experience in customer service, mostly gained within the NHS.
Our service is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
In the three months between January and March 2016, our team handled 58,000 incoming calls, 95 per cent of these calls were handled within 45 seconds. Thirty seven per cent of the calls were about transport, with the remaining associated with referral management.
In addition, our call handlers contact patients to discuss their choice of provider and book appointments for them.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park