News & Views
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- GPs are saving time and money with our GP locum app
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our people is a top priority
- Helping the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System vaccinate patients against COVID-19
- “The joy of data driving improvement”: end of life analysis welcomed by experts
- Blog: Do you want to improve patient care? Finance teams can make a difference
- The challenges of building an ICS – and the solutions
- Blog: Planning for the people you might see tomorrow
- December platform:x webinar: The peaks and pitfalls of building an ICS
- How a short, sharp improvement project can have sustainable impact
- Blog: Dangerous analytics and how local analysts can save you!
It’s essential that the patient’s experience of referrals, from seeing their GP to attending their first hospital appointment, is as streamlined and straightforward as possible.
NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU offers a dedicated call centre to manage referrals for clients including Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs), their member GPs, dentists and optometrists.
Our Referral Management Centre employs more than 50 staff. These include specialist call handlers and administrators with vast experience in customer service, mostly gained within the NHS.
Our service is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
In the three months between January and March 2016, our team handled 58,000 incoming calls, 95 per cent of these calls were handled within 45 seconds. Thirty seven per cent of the calls were about transport, with the remaining associated with referral management.
In addition, our call handlers contact patients to discuss their choice of provider and book appointments for them.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park