News & Views
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
Our clinical medicines optimisation services exceed client expectations for developing and implementing medicines QIPP programmes – delivering £1-2million savings per CCG.
We provide clinical patient-facing services with our pharmacists, technicians and medicines co-ordinators working in GP practices and care homes, optimising patient safety, improving patient medicines care and saving GP time. Working with our clients, we have developed more specialist clinical polypharmacy review services, frailty medication reviews and integrated multi-disciplinary teams.
Our experience of delivering whole system reviews, spanning CCGs, GP practices, NHS England and local authorities, enables us to operate strategically, identifying solutions and sharing best practice. We work closely with clients, using embedded and agile working models to deliver services that meet their specific needs. We appoint key account leads to ensure that our products and services produce the best possible outcomes.
Our products are developed using our many years of experience in this sector, and are delivered using expertise from across the CSU, including communications, business intelligence and other specialities.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park