News & Views
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
- Finance skills development culture and practice
- Recruiting people for vaccination centres in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin eases pressure to redeploy staff
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
The Finance team were awarded FSD Achieving Excellence Level 2 accreditation in July 2016. The natural progression was to apply for FFF Level 2, which was awarded late in 2017. MLCSU is currently the only FFF accredited organisation in the West Midlands and the first CSU in the country. This accreditation demonstrates that the organisation has the best finance skills development culture and practices in place. We have a project group now set up and are working towards Level 3.
Alongside this the organisation has received accreditations from CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA and AAT for both training and CPD.
NHS England require us to obtain regular scores from customers on the service that we are providing, we consistently achieve ‘Satisfied’ or ‘Very Satisfied’ scores.
Under the FFF initiative, MLCSU Finance is very proud to say that it has twelve Value Makers, two Best Possible Value Specialists and one Finance and Clinical Educator who all spend time working across both finance and non-finance functions.
To assist staff to develop their skills to support the NHS, we have introduced the FFF “4 Strengths” into everyone’s 1-2-1 meetings. MLCSU’s Head of Customer Finance sits on the FFF Efficiency Project Working Group chaired by Adrian Snarr.
In order to deliver assurance over the internal controls and control procedures operated by a Commissioning Support Organisation to its customers and their auditors, a review of internal controls known as a Service Auditor Report (SARs) is completed by Auditors. The quality of our processes and financial controls are demonstrated through our success at Service Auditor Reporting. NHS E consider us an exemplar CSU and with Deloitte recommended MLCSU Finance to be the first CSU to move to Annual SARS and perform its own assurance self-testing.
MLCSU has, since 2013 successfully delivered high quality Draft and Final Annual Accounts in line with national timescales for all customers. Already clients are e mailing us with fantastic feedback on the performance of our staff during the 17/18 draft accounts production.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park