News & Views
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- GPs are saving time and money with our GP locum app
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our people is a top priority
- Helping the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System vaccinate patients against COVID-19
- “The joy of data driving improvement”: end of life analysis welcomed by experts
- Blog: Do you want to improve patient care? Finance teams can make a difference
- The challenges of building an ICS – and the solutions
- Blog: Planning for the people you might see tomorrow
- December platform:x webinar: The peaks and pitfalls of building an ICS
- How a short, sharp improvement project can have sustainable impact
- Blog: Dangerous analytics and how local analysts can save you!
The team have undertaken a number of successful projects recently, these are not limited to:
Better Payment Practice Code (BPPC)
Formal project with Project Manager assigned to ensure that invoice validation process were dealt with in a timeframe to ensure payments met the BPPC. Finance and clinical teams worked together to jointly review/rewrite process maps, learn about each other’s roles and how they impact on each other. Temporary staff were brought in to reduce invoice processing backlogs. Internal SLA’s have been set for the Clinical/Finance Teams to process queries.
We are building on our success by being part of the national FFF Efficiency working group looking at transactional processing.
Integra System implementation
MLCSU worked closely with a client organisation and their ledger provider to form a project team to undertake the implementation of the client’s ledger upgrade. This consisted of MLCSU providing expert systems knowledge to advise the client and undertake the various upgrade tasks required. These included ledger reconfiguration, report re-writing, import template design and new user setup/guidance. MLCSU also provided resource to ensure that the testing of the upgrade was extensive in order provide assurance to the client.
Re-design of Lancashire Community Equipment Store
Working with a number of CCGs across Lancashire plus
Lancashire County Council the CSU has played an integral role in developing a specification and financial evaluation model to facilitate the provision of a more efficient single provider service to replace the various local equipment stores across Lancashire. This has allowed the CCGs to provide a consistent level of service and product to the population and take advantage of economies of scale to reduce costs and improve opportunities to utilise bespoke specialised equipment across the County. The Finance Team has worked alongside Clinical staff to collectively identify more cost effective products and amendments to collection services which have produced tangible financial benefits to the CCGs
CHC Finance system design
A CHC clinical bespoke care package system was implemented by MLCSU during 2017/18. A finance lead was part of the implementation team and was able to influence the functionality of the system, worked with the invoice processing team to ensure processes were amended to reflect the new system and ensure that there were no delays in invoice payment for our clients.
AoB system to link to NHS E toolkit
MLCSU undertook the development of a complex working paper for creditors and expenditure for the completion of the NHS AoB exercise, where a reconciliation is undertaken to the client’s ledger. All this work is completed prior to the information being handled over to client finance
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park