News & Views
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- GPs are saving time and money with our GP locum app
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our people is a top priority
- Helping the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System vaccinate patients against COVID-19
- “The joy of data driving improvement”: end of life analysis welcomed by experts
- Blog: Do you want to improve patient care? Finance teams can make a difference
- The challenges of building an ICS – and the solutions
- Blog: Planning for the people you might see tomorrow
- December platform:x webinar: The peaks and pitfalls of building an ICS
- How a short, sharp improvement project can have sustainable impact
- Blog: Dangerous analytics and how local analysts can save you!
Our Involvement team at NHS Midlands and Lancashire CSU is recognised locally and nationally for expertise in effective public and stakeholder involvement techniques. We are flexible, responsive and creative; we deliver tailored solutions and pioneering approaches to healthcare engagement.
Our Involvement team works with a range of NHS organisations as well as local authorities across the country, helping patients’ voices to be heard. We do this with the aim of reaching out to people and involving them in decisions relating to health and care, so that services are shaped to deliver the best for local people.
Our main areas of expertise are:
Training and consultancy: We provide access to best practice for involvement throughout the commissioning cycle. This includes proven approaches to involving patients and the public in strategic planning, needs analysis, prioritisation, pathway design, procurement and tendering, and monitoring demand and performance. The team is also trained in Experience Led Commissioning™, which is a way of involving patients, carers and staff in designing outcomes based on how people feel.
Insight: This is an innovative and holistic tool for collating patient and clinical feedback from multiple sources. The Insight tool can collect, assess and validate information across organisations, providers and functions. Real-time patient experience and clinical feedback is monitored via dashboards, which can be configured to meet your bespoke requirements.
Patient recruitment and membership: We provide strategic advice and support to clients, offering a wealth of best practice and innovative methods to involve patients in decision-making.
This can range from organisational-level schemes through to ‘task and finish’ advisory panels to support service change and redesign programmes.
Public consultation and continuous engagement: We have extensive experience of engaging with patients, the public and stakeholders on informal, continuous engagement activity as well as more formal, statutory consultations relating to service change or reconfiguration. We deliver a start-to-finish service, and can support with the delivery of key tasks such as drafting formal consultation documents, carrying out public surveys and evaluation, and managing varying levels of public meetings while ensuring our clients fulfil legal obligations around patient and public engagement.
Research: Our team can offer advice and guidance on designing and planning your research. By identifying appropriate techniques (both qualitative and quantitative), we can help you to achieve your aims and objectives. We can assist you in gathering new data using a variety of techniques in bespoke methodologies. These include large-scale, closed-question surveys, public opinion polling, focus groups, deliberative events and structured and semi-structured interviewing. Our team is skilled in the writing and development of questionnaires, interview schedules and resources for engagement events.
Event management: Our experienced team will work closely with you to understand your requirements. Whether you are looking to build loyalty with patients, provide assurance, or give people a way to network for you to capture their views, we have strong links locally and can organise a seamless, bespoke event that provides value for money. Talk to us today to see how we can help you build your expertise and capability in support of your participation agenda.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park