News & Views
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- GPs are saving time and money with our GP locum app
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our people is a top priority
- Helping the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System vaccinate patients against COVID-19
- “The joy of data driving improvement”: end of life analysis welcomed by experts
- Blog: Do you want to improve patient care? Finance teams can make a difference
- The challenges of building an ICS – and the solutions
- Blog: Planning for the people you might see tomorrow
- December platform:x webinar: The peaks and pitfalls of building an ICS
- How a short, sharp improvement project can have sustainable impact
- Blog: Dangerous analytics and how local analysts can save you!
We are proud of our role in supporting organisations to initiate, adopt and sustain at-scale quality and cost improvement programmes.
We can support national networks of ICS/STPs to introduce and sustain the improvements required to meet the 10-15 per cent real-terms cost reduction target set by the NHS for April 2021. Our systems assurance expertise will help to maximise economies of scale and value for money, unlocking funds for investment in better care quality and technological advances.
We use a structured approach to identify improvement opportunities and motivate sustainable change, which can be summarised as follows:
- Engage and scope
- Design and test
- Monitor and sustain
Our approach is already delivering results. Our customers currently benefit from:
- 23 per cent efficiencies in the cost of our own operations over the past four years, with price reductions passed on to them
- More than 95 per cent achievement of their key performance indicators
- £13 million investment of our profit margin in the past three years to develop technologies and efficiencies in the wider health economies we serve
- Innovative services and technologies to improve outcomes and operating efficiencies through our supply chain.
We have previously undertaken a comprehensive work programme for NHS England to generate sustainable CCG cost improvements. Our review challenged existing Quality, Innovation, Productivity and Prevention (QIPP) plans for twelve CCGs in the North West to ensure they were appropriate and robust.
This was followed by focused implementation support for seven CCGs, which has yielded over £6million recurrent savings, achieving an eleven-fold return on the £550,000 investment. Since then we have been promoting and rolling out transferrable opportunities to the whole health economy we serve, engaging health trusts, primary care providers, CCG management and clinical teams where appropriate.
We recognise the significant importance of helping ICS/STPs to become learning organisations, and regard investment in our staff as an essential foundation for this. We have a culture of continuous improvement and shared learning, which is central to helping ICS/STPs reach their organisational goals.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park