News & Views
- Our innovative use of automation is helping to cut hospital waiting lists
- Medical supplies programme wins civil service award for collaboration
- Pandemic effect on a socially deprived UK town
- Population health management: the critical role of primary care networks
- Breaking: Derbyshire continuing healthcare commissioners choose MLCSU support
- A committee for improving use of medicines across Merseyside
- Free access to a range of medicines optimisation content
- Blog: How to make sure good analysts really can ‘save more lives than a good anaesthetist’
- Blog: Better decision making – a neglected route to improvement?
- Tomorrow: our system coordination function
- Clinical directorate contribution recognised for Nursing Times award
- Workforce project shortlisted for Nursing Times award
- New capability with leading web publishing system
- Staffordshire GP practices sign up for our app to help fill their locum gap
- MLCSU Finance win regional NHS award
Helping health and care services across Cheshire and Merseyside to plan five-year programme of improvements
MLCSU are proud to have supported Cheshire and Merseyside Sustainability and Transformation Plan (STP) with development of their five-year strategy.
The CSU’s Improvement Unit was able to respond at speed to the sustainability and transformation plan (STP) partnership’s call for help in producing their five-year strategy. As a developing STP, the partnership needed an extra pair of hands which could be dedicated to ensuring the tight deadlines were met for engaging with stakeholders to develop a robust five-year strategy by the submission deadline.
The Improvement Unit provided an experienced Improvement Manager on site three days a week for 12 weeks to co-ordinate a programme of work to secure delivery of the five-year strategy and oversee the delivery of actions.
- We provided experienced practical support, which was embedded on site with the client
- We assisted with the development of a detailed project plan, risk register and issues log, which were owned and maintained by us
- We provided stakeholder analysis
- We engaged with all of the partners
- We coordinated the development of strategy content, incorporating new content and maintaining version control and audit trail of changes
- We responded to feedback from the regulator, Place and Programme Leads
- We gave full secretariat and facilitation support to key workshops and meetings to develop the five-year strategy from the bottom up with Place and Programme leads
- We produced update reports for key meetings.
This support proved invaluable to the STP and the contract was extended for a further four months to support the operational planning round and assist with preparations for mobilising delivery of year one of their plan.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park