News & Views
- New signups to UBook, our tailor-made NHS room booking system
- Recently launched weight management services benefit from MLCSU technology
- New flexible resourcing service: TalentOne
- Data-driven approach to population health management
- National award nomination for Staffordshire Continuing Healthcare team
- MLCSU Finance team awarded accreditation by NHS Finance Leadership Council
- Blog: My life as senior nurse on the mass vaccination programme
- Meet the director of our new service, the Transformation Unit
- Providing analytical support to the ‘New Hospitals Programme’
- MLCSU and the Transformation Unit come together
- Our year – supporting through COVID and beyond
- CIO on pandemic lessons about health inequalities in The Times report
- Equipment, software, connectivity – what it takes to digitally enable vaccination sites
- Medicines optimisation in Walsall care homes shortlisted for innovation award
- PrimaryPoint: essential IG, HR and finance support for GPs and PCNs
Helping practices find and recruit locums
North Staffordshire GP Federation asked us to help solve the problem of locum sessions not being filled (with clinics being cancelled as a result), and high agency fees.
Our Digital Innovations Unit worked with the federation, Howbeck Healthcare Ltd and the South Cheshire and Vale Royal GP Alliance to create an app, ‘FindMeALocum’. Frontline general practice staff and locums were involved in its design and development.
FindMeALocum is helping practice managers in the area wanting to find high quality locums quickly, and also helping GPs wanting to work more flexibly. Practices have used the project to:
- retain clinicians on flexible terms
- help sustain primary care
- increase the medical workforce numbers in primary care
- attract new workforce to the area
- add skill mix, with standardised minimum expertise, within primary care.
Within the first eight months almost 100 GPs registered with the app, and approximately 1,400 vacancies were filled.
FindMeALocum has taken the stress out of finding GP Locums. It’s made it easy to fill our locum sessions quickly, with experienced, knowledgeable, reliable clinicians.
Kirsty Moore | Practice Manager, Stoke-on-Trent
FindMeALocum has become my main way of accessing locum sessions. I find it clear, up-to-date and easy to use; I have a broader circle of practices that I am connected with; and it has helped me to stay local to the Staffordshire area without having to look elsewhere for work.
Dr David Weldon | Locum Sessional GP Staffordshire
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park