News & Views
- Why some communities may be at risk of lower vaccine uptake
- Knowing our patch: Free demographic and health inequalities analysis
- Blog: How to support primary care services with their accounting – they really need help right now
- Our app helps fill the locum gap for GP practices – and is now even easier to procure
- Free model can help you reduce queueing and ease flow at COVID-19 vaccine clinics
- GPs are saving time and money with our GP locum app
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our people is a top priority
- Helping the Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care System vaccinate patients against COVID-19
- “The joy of data driving improvement”: end of life analysis welcomed by experts
- Blog: Do you want to improve patient care? Finance teams can make a difference
- The challenges of building an ICS – and the solutions
- Blog: Planning for the people you might see tomorrow
- December platform:x webinar: The peaks and pitfalls of building an ICS
- How a short, sharp improvement project can have sustainable impact
- Blog: Dangerous analytics and how local analysts can save you!
Helping practices find and recruit locums
North Staffordshire GP Federation asked us to help solve the problem of locum sessions not being filled (with clinics being cancelled as a result), and high agency fees.
Our Digital Innovations Unit worked with the federation, Howbeck Healthcare Ltd and the South Cheshire and Vale Royal GP Alliance to create an app, ‘FindMeALocum’. Frontline general practice staff and locums were involved in its design and development.
FindMeALocum is helping practice managers in the area wanting to find high quality locums quickly, and also helping GPs wanting to work more flexibly. Practices have used the project to:
- retain clinicians on flexible terms
- help sustain primary care
- increase the medical workforce numbers in primary care
- attract new workforce to the area
- add skill mix, with standardised minimum expertise, within primary care.
Within the first eight months almost 100 GPs registered with the app, and approximately 1,400 vacancies were filled.
FindMeALocum has taken the stress out of finding GP Locums. It’s made it easy to fill our locum sessions quickly, with experienced, knowledgeable, reliable clinicians.
Kirsty Moore | Practice Manager, Stoke-on-Trent
FindMeALocum has become my main way of accessing locum sessions. I find it clear, up-to-date and easy to use; I have a broader circle of practices that I am connected with; and it has helped me to stay local to the Staffordshire area without having to look elsewhere for work.
Dr David Weldon | Locum Sessional GP Staffordshire
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park