News & Views
- Our innovative use of automation is helping to cut hospital waiting lists
- Medical supplies programme wins civil service award for collaboration
- Pandemic effect on a socially deprived UK town
- Population health management: the critical role of primary care networks
- Breaking: Derbyshire continuing healthcare commissioners choose MLCSU support
- A committee for improving use of medicines across Merseyside
- Free access to a range of medicines optimisation content
- Blog: How to make sure good analysts really can ‘save more lives than a good anaesthetist’
- Blog: Better decision making – a neglected route to improvement?
- Tomorrow: our system coordination function
- Clinical directorate contribution recognised for Nursing Times award
- Workforce project shortlisted for Nursing Times award
- New capability with leading web publishing system
- Staffordshire GP practices sign up for our app to help fill their locum gap
- MLCSU Finance win regional NHS award
We have a robust governance structure and our board have a clear line of sight over service delivery. Our operating model defines levels of responsibility and accountability. The board, comprised of an executive team and a lay member, are accountable to Derek Kitchen, our managing director. He is ultimately accountable to NHS England for achieving our strategic aims and objectives.
Tony Matthews, director of finance and commerce, provides financial leadership, governance, and strategic financial planning, including supply chain management. Debbie Bywater, chief information officer, leads the delivery of effective IT infrastructure and systems, as well as business intelligence and analytical support services. Our executive director of nursing ensures we have appropriate clinical focus.
Associate directors and heads of service report to assigned board members and provide on-the-ground leadership, ensuring that everything is effectively coordinated. Within this structure, everyone has clear roles and responsibilities, and all positions uphold the Nolan Principles. This ensures that services are fully compliant with statutory requirements and professional standards, that they reflect best practice, and represent excellent value.
Our governance structures guarantees that integration, collaboration and customer focus remain our overriding priorities. We respond to the rapidly changing needs of our customers by working in strategic partnership with our nine ICS/STP footprints and co-developing service offerings that are fit for the future.
An associate director, overseen by director of delivery Linda Riley, is aligned to each of our ICS/STP footprints to ensure effective relationship management.
We are proud of our robust due diligence in selecting service provider partners who enhance our ability to deliver intended outcomes. We work hard to ensure that they are aligned to our NHS values. We differentiate strategic and operational relationships. Our strategic suppliers benefit from a supplier board that governs, assures and evolves service excellence and innovation, and our operational relationships provide an effective extension to our teams.
Get in touch
- 1829 Building, Chester
- Old Market House
- Clark House
Countess of Chester Health Park